Registration Program Description - This program authorizes organizations to inspect and certify measuring instruments on behalf of Measurement Canada. The program scope is limited to the inspection of measurement equipment used in the trade sectors listed in section 1.3 of the Terms and Conditions.
Note: The registration of contractors under the Electricity and Gas Inspection Act and the registration of organizations under the Weights and Measures Act are two different programs. Under the Electricity and Gas Inspections Act, no contractor shall sell electricity or gas on the basis of measurement unless he holds a certificate of registration issued by Measurement Canada. Under the Weights and Measures Act, an organization may be designated as inspector to perform inspections on behalf of Measurement Canada through two possible alternative service delivery programs. The conditions under which an organization can be designated as inspector are stipulated under the Registration Program Terms and Conditions and the Accreditation Standard, S-A-01.
- Registration Terms and Conditions - This document sets out the requirements to be met by organizations who wish to participate in the Registration Program.
- Registration Guide - This document provides guidance, direction and clarification regarding the registration requirements.
- List of Registered Service Providers - A directory of registered organisations to verify measuring devices (e.g., scales, gasoline pumps) on Measurement Canada's behalf.
- Bulletins - Bulletins relating to programs for authorized service providers. For bulletins on specific measurement disciplines, see: Mass bulletins or Volume bulletins.
- Documents for Consultation - there are no documents for consultation at this time.
- Weights and Measures Inspection Certificate Completion Manual - This document assists authorized service providers in completing inspection certificates for measuring instruments.
- Use of Authorized Service Provider Logo, "Canada" Wordmark and Measurement Canada Corporate Signature
- Measurement Canada Enforcement Policy for Weighing and Measuring Devices, Part 1 — Role of Authorized Service Providers
For more information, please contact the Measurement Canada District Manager nearest you.
- Date modified: